Saturday 5 September 2015

I wish I was...

Hum Tou  Mit Jain Gay Aae  Arz-E-Watan,
Laikin Tum koo Zinda Rehna Hai Qayamat Ki Sahar Honay Tak
I wish I was there in the midst of the war of '65. I wish I was the person who gave his cycle to Air Marshal (R) Amjad Hussain, whose plane had been damaged by debris of the enemies plane.

I wish I was a part of the civilians that marched down to face the enemies army. I wish I was part of the army who told its civilian countrymen to stay back as they were capable of protecting the country, even though they faced a force that was three times stronger then them.


‘Jab tak na jalen Deep shaheedon k Lahoo se 
Kehtay hen k Jannat me charaghaan nahi hoti…
I do not think I can match the level of courage and bravery, our soldiers had, when they fought the mighty Indian tanks and gave their lives for our homeland, but I wish I could have been there.
I wish I was there standing side by side with my country men after the 17 long days. Shoulder to shoulder, thinking about how to move forward. I wish I could have sensed the feeling of "all for one, one for all".

I wish I could have said a few words about the martyrs. I wish I could shake hands with the Ghazi's (War hero's). How I wish I could have roamed the streets of Pakistan with the saabs hilali paarcham and screamed on top of my voice, "Pakistan tujh pr jaan qurbaan". 

I was not there but I can feel. My eyes turn red and my lungs squeeze up. My mouth says nothing, my eyes shed tears, while my ears hear the war stories. And then again my heart says-"I wish I was there".

The jawaan and the awaam of 1965 is the reason why I am proud of being called a Pakistani. How can I not be proud when every single person was ready to sacrifice their precious lives for their and our homeland? I can't cry on something I and the whole nation is proud of. I can not cry when I hear that a solider who was shot in his leg, felt ashamed, because he did not know how to face his mother after she had sent him to war with the message, "beta, goli seeney mea kahini hai, fakhir k saath" (Son,get shot in the chest for this nation, with pride.) Later, it turns out that, that bullet was found in his chest and he embraced Shahadat. Subhan Allah!

This is in your remembrance. Thank you, Jawano!

Sada Watan Ki Haar Ik Sarhad Par Goonjti Hai,
Utho Ke Tum Ko Watan Ki Miti Pukarti Hai 


3 comments:

  1. Thus we see
    The feelings of a person
    Proud in the people who sacrificed all for him/her
    This person feels what many other feel too

    Pride for the nation
    PAKISTAN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thus we see
    The feelings of a person
    Proud in the people who sacrificed all for him/her
    This person feels what many other feel too

    Pride for the nation
    PAKISTAN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your writing touches the readers soul. Proud of you Sabawun. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete